martes, 11 de enero de 2011

Smell

Anger, despair, anxiety, sadness, apathy, wrath. That day I felt all of those things and more that I will not mention because, believe me, you don't want to hear it my dear reader. It all began in the morning with a beautiful and shiny day and I was late for school, I had just woke up, I didn't even had the time to take a shower because I had to run to reach the bus school and guess what? I didn't reach it so I had to wait for the public bus.

In the bus my mind was very busy cursing everything when suddenly I felt a cold rush and remembered that I had forgot my design project next to my bed. What could I do? I was in total despair. When I arrived to the class I told my teacher and she just laugh at me "Too bad, what a pity" she said. I felt that the world was crushing me, then I noticed that literally I stank, I smelled real bad because of the lack of shower and sweat of the running.

Everyone ran away from me because of my bad smell and I was there, standing alone in a corner feeling like a total emo, hoping for the earth to swallow me, but it didn't matter how much I wished it, it never happened. I went back home hoping to calm down myself, but oh surprise my dear reader, my mom had prepared a giant list for me to do, so I got mad at her and had a fight, I was out of control. She told me that I had to go to the supermarket to buy the food for the dinner.

I took her car because the shiny day turn into a storm and while I was cursing my life I suddenly noticed a blind old man asking for charity in the street, he was all wet, I was in total shock. I had my eyes, I was healthy, I wasn't cold, I had a house, food, family and a very good life. In that very moment my mind cleared from all the bad stuff and I received something that I will call an epiphany. I imagined this man's life and saw that mine wasn't a crap at all, I am not telling that his life was, who am I to judge? But mine, truly wasn't and I spent all the day with negative things instead of seeing the nice side.

When I returned back home, I apologized to my mom. The rain had gone, a rainbow didn't appeared but it was nice to see that the sky was cleared, like my mind. I always try to be positive now, it is a waste of time to be negative and curse everything while life is happening.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario